What is common to many asbestos-containing products is that they were (are) used to contain heat (i.e. thermal insulation.) another is that they make great bonding agents, It is impossible to list all of the products that have, at one time or another, contained asbestos. Some of the more common asbestos-containing products are:
- Attic insulation – vermiculite or zonolite
- Sheet Flooring
- Refractory and boiler insulation materials
- Transite board/pipe
- Asbestos cement pipe
- Fireproofing spray
- Drywall joint compound(mud)
- Vinyl floor tile
- Ceiling tile
- Acoustical textures or popcorn texture
- Duct insulation for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Roofing products
Some of these products contained a very high proportion of asbestos, like 60-80% while others contained small amounts, like 1-5%, however any amount of asbestos can be deadly.
The best thing you can do is test for asbestos first, before any renovation or demolition occurs, it’s always best to err on the side of caution, after all its your life we are talking about!
Call or email Elemental Asbestos and Mold Removal today